Monday, April 03, 2006

Mission Kind-of-Impossible


After a couple hours soaking in the sun and building sand chateaux, Melanie, Becky, and I decided to explore the sea side village a bit. We could see from the beach a grand stone chateau built upon the cliffs and decided that it wasn't too far away to visit. So we climbed up the hill and found a little back door that entered the property. The view was amazing, and we decided that we would inhance our visit by doing a little rock climbing to get to the castle's yard.

When we got to the castle doors, the yard seemed surprisingly void of tourists or anyone for that matter. "It's almost like this is private property," I said. Unable to find the exit, I climbed my way down to the back exit in my beach attire and walked towards the main entrance. Only then did we discover that it was interdit for the general public to visit the Chateau de Cassis.